Taking care of our collection is a huge labor of love that takes a lot of time, skills, money, and space. Rent is incredibly high, so is restoring and protecting specimens. It requires special equipment that will get them display ready and preserve them for years, or even decades, to come. But once damaged, it can be very difficult, if not impossible, to restore a specimen. We appreciate any and all help that we can use toward maintaining this remarkable collection so we can continue sharing it with others.
Financial donations are always welcome, please see our wish list of other items you can donate. Even if you don’t see an item on our wish list, but think it may be useful, please ask! We’re always recycling stuff into art and displays. Financial donations can be made via Zelle to email@example.com, or Paypal @theinsectasylum. If you make a donation to our collection please send me your address so I can send you a special thank you present!
We’re also always on the look out for volunteers to help spread the word, pin, paint, sculpt, etc. This is a huge project if you want in, we got you!!!
- Glass containers with lids
- Display boxes
- Art supplies
- Vintage furniture we can use as displays
- Insects – dead or alive
- Animals that have passed away (frozen if possible)
- Old taxidermy that your family no longer wants or is willing to part with so many others can view its incredible wonder! – any condition is welcome, we specialize in restorations.
- Flowers, leaves, sticks anything really … fresh or Dried flowers are ALWAYS welcome
- 3M strips
- Picture frames
- Snow globes
- Puppy pads
- Respirators for the lab.
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper and paper towel tubes
- egg cartons